Boseja: Champions League Or Nothing
By Malose Wa Ga Lamola
Sedilame Boseja at training in Chloorkop. Picture Cred: Mamelodi Sundowns Ladies Facebook.
Mamelodi Sundowns Ladies and Botswana goalkeeper Sedilame Boseja says she wants to help Banya Ba Style return to the Women's CAF Champions League after missing the previous edition.
Speaking to the Mamelodi Sundowns media team, Boseja emphasized the significance of winning the regional COSAFA tournament, which holds the key to the continental championship. The Brazilians have won the Women's CAF Champions League twice since its inception. The Godfrey Sapula-coached team was conspicuously absent from the 2025 Women's CAF Championships League, which was held in Rabat. Boseja says the team wants to dominate the continental space, but she understands that Banyana Ba Style needs to conquer the region first.
"I believe my goal still revolves around the team. Last season, we were disappointed in the COSAFA tournament, so my goal is to help the team in the COSAFA tournament and get back into the Champions League." Said Boseja.
A sports athlete with multiple talents. The 1.80 m tall goalkeeper says she would continue to participate in sports even if she didn't play football. Though she did not enjoy volleyball, her height drew her into the sport. Boseja reveals that if she didn't make it into football, tennis would be her go-to sport due to her goalkeeping acrobatics and use of hands and feet.
Also Read: It is for the boys- They support us
"Growing up, I used to play tennis and volleyball." But I was forced to play volleyball because I was tall. If I wasn't in football, I'd still be involved in sports. But, to be specific, I'll choose tennis." Declares Boseja.
@Lamola_Herold
Comments
Post a Comment